We used to buy homemade pineapple tarts when I was working. We like those buttery and flaky pineapple rolls. It just melt in your mouth when you eat it.
And this year, I made some and the girls just love it...
Ingredients for filling
Source for filling : christine's recipes
Ingredients for pastry
147g unsalted butter
24g icing sugar
12g Egg yolk
9g custard powder
205g Rose flour or all purpose flour
1 egg yolk ( to brush on top of each unbaked pineapple roll )
(1) Mix all ingredients in (A) until fluffy.
(2) Mix in egg yolk gradually, one teaspoon by one teaspoon.
(3) Sieve all ingredients in (C). Add in and mix well. ( Do not mix too long )
(4) Divide the dough into 10g and roll it into round shape. You will get about 40 smaller doughs in 10mg.
(5) Flatten the middle of the dough and insert 5mg pineapple filling. Wrap it and roll it into round shape. Shape it into pineapple shape ( optional ).
( I find it more easier to handle the dough in an air-cond room )
(6) Cut a few lines on top of the unbake dough before bake, then brush it with egg yolk.
(7) Bake at 160 degree C for about 10- 15 minutes.
* I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover *