Wednesday, April 6, 2011
We went to KL last Sunday. Before the trip, Mummy made few types of bread. Just to prepare in case the three little girls will be getting hungry in the car as it will be a long journey.
On Saturday, mummy had prepared something new - garlic bread. Got the recipe from happy home baking.
(makes 6 buns)
150g bread flour
50g cake flour
15g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant yeast
15g unsalted butter
30g butter, soften room temperature
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped)
1 tsp dried parsley
1. Place all ingredients except the butter in the pan of the bread machine (according to the sequence as stated in the instruction manual of your bread machine). Select the Dough function of the bread machine and press start. After about 8mins of kneading (the ingredients should form a smooth dough by now), add in the 15g of butter. Let the machine continue to knead the dough. After the kneading cycle has stopped (20mins), Stop and Restart the machine. Continue to let the machine knead for another 10mins.
2. Stop the machine and remove dough from the bread pan. Shape the dough into a smooth round and place in a mixing bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it rise till double in volume for about 80mins.
3. Remove dough and give a few light kneading on a lightly floured work surface. Press out the trapped air as your knead. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into balls. Cover with cling wrap, let the doughs rest for 15mins.
Flatten each dough into a round disc. Roll up Swiss roll style and pinch the seams in place. Roll the dough on work surface to shape it into a longish oval shape or torpedo shape.
4. Place doughs seams side down on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Loosely cover with a damp cloth or cling wrap and let dough proof for 30mins.
Prepare filling by mixing butter, garlic and parsley to form a smooth paste.
Brush each dough with egg wash. With a sharp knife, make a slit lengthwise on each dough. Pipe fillings on each slit.
5. Bake at preheated oven at 180 degC for about 12-15 mins. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack
Besides this, we also have our usual raisin loaf ( this is specially made for MSLS ) and banana cheese bread ( requested by Daddy ).
Was surprised that we finished up the 11 garlic breads within 2 days, the whole banana cheese bread & 2/3 of the raisin bread.
Will definitely keep this recipe in the list as it is easy to make and something different ( as I only have limited time, to juggle with the 3 little girls and yet find some precious time in preparing bread for them )
* First time writing blogs in the car....when travelling to outstation*
Posted by baby girl diary at 3:30 PM