Monday, May 23, 2011
Simple way to make pizza
When I visited local pizza shop previously, i was amazed on how they can make such a delicious pizza, in my heart, i thought it must be very difficult to make a pizza.
I started to make simple and fast recipe at home for my family, as we need to cut down the frequency to have meals outside after we have our lovely twins, a bit challenging to handle three children when we are having meals outside.
This is a simple recipe for pizza dough and you can make it into any flavour that you like with this basic pizza dough:
Basic Pizza Dough ( makes 3 12-inch (30 cm) pizzas )
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
1 1/2 cups (350 cc) warm water
3 1/2 cups (500 g) flour
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
(1) In a bowl, add in the yeast in the center. Then follow by olive oil and a pinch of salt.Using a spatula, draw the ingredients together.Then mix with your hands to form a dough.
(2) Sprinkle some flour on the work surface. Place the dough on the floured surface. Knead the dough briefly with your hands pushing and folding. Knead just long enough for the dough to take in a little more flour, and until it no longer sticks to your hands.
(3) Spread a little olive oil inside a bowl. Transfer the dough into the bowl.Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth, and set the bowl aside for approximately 1½ – 2 hours until the dough doubles in volume. The time required for rising will depend on the strength of the yeast and the temperature of the room.
(4) When the dough is double its original size, punch it down to eliminate the air bubbles. On a lightly floured work surface, cut the dough into three equal pieces. On the work surface, using a rolling pin and your hands, shape one piece of dough into a thin round layer. Make a pizza about 12 inches in diameter.Make a pizza about 12 inches in diameter and transfer it to the pan. Using your fingertips, push from the center to the sides to cover the entire surface of the pan with a thin layer of pasta. Repeat this step with the other 2 dough pieces to make 3 pizzas.
(5) Arrange slices of mozarella cheese and followed by other ingredients like tomato paste, mushroom, onion, pineapple, tuna/ chicken/ prawn/ salmon .
(5) Bake at 260 C for about 20 to 25 minutes.