Thursday, June 23, 2011
ES had been asking for the gingerbread cookies for a few days, and finally after the busy schedule, I bake it on Monday night after the girls had went to sleep.
100g Brown Sugar
375g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Of Soda
125ml Golden Syrup ( I replaced it with honey )
1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and set aside for later used.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in egg, beat well.
3. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and golden syrup, mix well.
4. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth; cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 4mm think, cut out cookies using specially shaped cutter.
6. Lift carefully on to lightly greased oven trays. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes; cool on trays.
Adapted from ellenaguan.blogspot.com
ES was so happy on the next morning when she saw it as she thought that i will only bake this for her on Tuesday.