Last Saturday, had prepared some wholemeal sausage buns and blueberry cheese buns for our trip.What you need ( for 12 buns ):
- 300g bread flour
- 100g whole wheat flour
- 30g sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Instant dry yeast ( dissolve into 120g warm water, add in one tbs of sugar, wait for 10 minutes. )
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 45g fresh milk
- 30g butter
What you do:
1. Stir flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl.2. Add in milk. Mix the ingredients with hand and slowly form a dough
3. Add in egg and butter later. Knead until the dough is no longer sticks to your hand, become smooth and elastic. This should take about 15 - 20 minutes. Do the window pane test: pinch a small piece of the dough, pull and stretch it. It should be elastic, and can be pulled away into a thin membrane without tearing/ breaking part.
4. Cover the dough with cloth or cling wrap and leave it for 1 hour. If the weather is cold, u may leave the dough in the oven, together with one glass of hot water.
5. Divide the dough into smaller portion, approximately 60g for each portion. Knead each part into a long tube. Roll to enclose the sausage, with seals facing down
6. Cover the doughs with damp cloth or cling wrap and leave to proof for second time, about 1 hour, or until double in size.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 390 F for 15 minutes.