Last Sunday morning, I was preparing lunch and making bread ( knead it and let it proof for one hour ) before going out for Sunday mask. With the help of Kitchen Aid Pro 600 mixer, i did my cooking and bread at the same time. I find that the dough is quite soft this time, maybe I follow exactly my recipe. As sometimes, i do like to add in more flour, and in fact it become more firm.
I was very impressed with the result of the soft, but not so sticky dough. We made quite a few hamburger buns. And Daddy had commented this is the best that he had tasted, even though those breads that we made earlier is soft, but this one is even softer. I think really need to follow this recipe, and do not add in more flour when the dough is slightly sticky at the begigging, I have to be patience to wait for the mixer to knead for awhile before add in more flour.
We had burger again on Tuesday night, as per requested by ES.
Ingredient for hamburger buns ( 7 buns ):
- 420 high protein flour
- 1 tbs active yeast
- 120g warm water
- 30 g cane sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 46g fresh milk
- 30g unsalted butter ( melted )
- Pour active yeast into warm water, add in 1 tbs of sugar. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, yeast and fresh milk with mixer for 3 minutes ( speed 2 )
- Add in egg, butter and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with cloth or cling wrap and leave it for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 120g each. Shape into rounds and flatten rounds.
- Let rest for 1 hour again.
- bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 390 F.
Ingredient for patties:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 400g minced pork
- 1 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato
- mix salt, pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in pork, onion. and cheese. Form into patties.
- Add some olive oil to the pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes